Tuesday, February 3, 2009

In defense of my vice: dancing


Tango Lessons in the Living Room by mrk_photo

i started ballet when i was 5. my mom had taken me to see the nutcracker and i fell in love. i wanted to be the sugar plum fairy. she was so awesome. fast forward to age 13 (where everyone gets stupid) and i decide i don't want to dance anymore. (dumb dumb dumb.) fast forward some more to 34 and i finally talk a boyfriend into taking ballroom lessons with me. dump him, but continue the lessons on my own. i'm addicted. and i'm not quitting. ever. it is the air i breathe, my expression, my life. never quitting. nope. never.

10 comments:

loud said...

well said.

Unknown said...

thank you. *bows to top solo*

for a different kind of girl said...

What a great image to really accent your words! Love!

Unknown said...

hehe... plinky found it. :D

Anonymous said...

I wish I could dance and I'd love to take lessons, but my husband won't agree to doing it with me. But that's okay, I have a secret weapon, actually, two of them:

TWO DAUGHTERS.

That's right. One day, one of Daddy's Little Girls is going to come home and announce that she's engaged and that she wants a Big Fancy Wedding, complete with a band, jordan almonds as favors, and an ice sculpture on the buffet table. And she's going to bat her eyelashes at her daddy and he's going to cave and pay for everything. And then, FINALLY, I'll get dance lessons with my husband, because there's no way he'll embarrass his little girl at her wedding.

Unknown said...

get them started now. :) monkey takes ballroom and jazz. she loves both, but it's also giving her a healthy respect for how irritating boys can be. her dance partner isn't great at paying attention. what 12 year old boy is? particularly after some sports practice only to run to dance class. and miss tina isn't easy on the kids. :D

Becky said...

Is that you in the picture?

Unknown said...

nope. plinky "found" the picture for me. though it took some doing to find one i liked too.

Anonymous said...

Don't ever give that up, baby.

Unknown said...

not going to. :) you're going to love it too!